Dear Superintendent Ambrose;
Pursuant to the Right to Know Law (RSA. 91-A), I am requesting public access, within 5 business days, to the governmental records: For the District. Between teachers, staff, parents, outside entities, school committee, etc. starting January 1, 2020, till current. For (SCHOOL DISTRICT).
A. Teacher Training
- Regarding teacher and staff training at SAU17 copies of instructional materials including instructor manuals and guides, training assignments and presentations regarding teacher and staff training on Racial Sensitivity, Critical Race Theory and tenants of race training, Social Justice, Diversity training, social and emotional learning, diversity equity and inclusion, cultural competencies.
- Names of third party contractors, if any, conducting said training, and copies of documentation related to contracts and contract award and bidding of said contracts.
- All correspondence, including email, letters, internal instant messaging, related to said contracts between School District and contractors.
- Full legal name of teacher training instructors.
- All correspondence, including email, letters, internal messaging, related to materials and books to review based on race, diversity, inclusion and social justice for students or staff.
B. K-8 Curriculum Materials
- Copies of Curriculum plans, Teacher Guides, and Manuals, in-class and homework assignments, regarding Action Civics, Cultural Competency, Racial Sensitivity training, Critical Race Theory, any tenets of race training, Social Justice, Diversity training, social-emotional learning, diversity equity and inclusion instruction at the K-8 level.
- Copies of documentation related to grants received for said curriculum materials or instruction, including names of grantors and receipts.
- All correspondence, including email, letters, internal instant messaging on any school server, related to grants between school officials and grantors.
- Copies of contracts with publishers and suppliers of said curriculum materials, including their party contractors, if any, conducting said instruction, and copies of documentation related to contracts and contract award and bidding of said contracts.
- All correspondence, including email, letters, internal instant messaging on any school server, related to said contracts or grants between school officials and contractors and grantors.
Per RSA 91-A:4 IV(c) If you deny any portion of this request, please cite the specific exemption used to justify the denial to make each record, or part thereof, available for inspection along with a brief explanation of how the exemption applies to the information withheld.
Please let me know when these records are available for inspection or you may email the records to me at Banfieldannmarie@gmail.com.
Thank you for your lawful attention to this matter.
Ann Marie Banfield
North Hampton, NH
Per RSA 91-A, governmental records mean “any information created, accepted, or obtained by, or on behalf of, any public body, or a quorum or majority thereof, or any public agency in furtherance of its official function. Without limiting the foregoing, the term “governmental records” includes any written communication or other information, whether in paper, electronic, or other physical form, received by a quorum or majority of a public body in furtherance of its official function, whether at a meeting or outside a meeting of the body. The term “governmental records” shall also include the term “public records.”
Editor: email header removed before publication
The post Right to Know Request: CRT/Diversity Equity Inclusion/ Social Justice/ Race appeared first on Granite Grok.
This content was originally published here.