As the demographics of our nation change, it becomes ever more essential for emergency medical services to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace more representative of the communities that we serve. To support this mission, the American Ambulance Association seeks tips, ideas, and perspectives from our membership on best practices for attracting, recruiting, and retaining the EMS workforce of tomorrow.
For this project, we are using the word “diversity” to refer to characteristics including—but not limited to—race, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic class, disability, and/or age.
While we are truly appreciative of all responses, AAA especially welcomes the perspectives of those who are themselves members of groups historically less represented in the EMS workforce.
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to this project, please complete our short form below. You do not need to disclose your identity if you do not wish to do so.
2020 EMS Diversity & Inclusion Perspectives
- Check all that apply, then provide your thoughts in the comment box below.
- Please check all roles you serve in your organization
- Feel free to share any details
- Optional (ex: 1984)
- AAA can share the following with my EMS colleagues:
- This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This content was originally published here.